The focus of this week’s Big Fresh is word learning.
- Each week Choice Literacy shares the Big Fresh newsletter with a round-up of features around a key topic in literacy education. You can find the October 30, 2020 issue here.
- Lead Essay: “Shark Attack” by Ruth Ayres
Free for All
- “Quick Vocabulary Practice and Assessment” by Gretchen Schroeder
- “Quick and Easy Word Study Groups in First Grade” by Bitsy Parks
Classic Classroom Member Content
- “Making Something Together: Shared Writing Online” by Tammy Mulligan
- “It’s Not Wrong. It’s Almost Right” by Melanie Quinn
- In this week’s video, Melissa Atwood leads a first-grade guided reading group.
- Dana Murphy meets with a group of fifth graders to work on strategies for understanding unknown words.
Literacy Leader Member Content
- “Vocabulary Development in Writing” by Tara Barnett and Kate Mills
- “Word Study Half Day Professional Development” by Julie Wright
- “One Word to Drop from Your Teacher Vocabulary” by Holly Hagman